(*Updated as any late-comer congratulations come in.)
1. Russia - Vladimir Putin, President.
2. China - Xi Jinping, General Secretary of the Communist Party
3. North Korea - Kim Jong-Un, Supreme Leader.
4. Belarus - Alexander Lukashenko, President has not - although opposition-party leader, Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya has.
(* Disputed President Alexander Lukashenko has been accused of corruption, rigging elections, and using Belarusian military and police forces to subdue citizens in a brutal and violent manner - before, during, and after protests. Biden has released a written statement against Lukashenko, in support of Tsikhanouskaya.)
5. Slovenia - has both a prime minister and a president - Prime Minister Janez Janza, from the same region as Melania Trump, has not - President Borut Pahor has.
6. Mexico - Andres Obrador, President - elected in 2018, unlike his predecessor, Enrique Pena Nieto, Obrador has openly endorsed Trump.
7. Brazil - Jair Bolsonaro, President, close ally with Trump.
1. Saudi Arabia was late to the party, but Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman finally congratulated Biden on Sunday.
2. Turkey gave a passive response, with President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan saying it would not change their relations with the U.S. (which isn't good, at present, let's just say that).
3. Israel - Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister - close ally with Trump, formally criminally charged with accepting bribes, fraud, and breach of trust, with his trial resuming December 6th - was also late to the party, congratulating Biden late yesterday.
4. Estonia - Prime Minister Juri Ratas and President Kersti Kaljulaid have both congratulated Biden; however, the Secretary of the Interior, Mart Helme - part of far-right politics there - has not - and in fact, resigned.
So ... what do you think it means, Trumpers, when the only world leaders who haven't congratulated Biden on a win are communist dictators from communist countries, former communist countries who still behave like communists, and/or other world leaders who have been proven corrupt and/or have violent regimes, often funded by drug-cartel money?
IMO - in addition the rest of the world was chomping at the bit for Trump to leave, too - I think it also means Trump is a liar - in that it's not Biden we should've been worried about regarding communist/socialist tactics and having inappropriate relationships with communist and corrupt regimes - it has been, is, and always will be, Trump with inappropriate relationships with communist countries and employing communist tactics.
*The only exception would be Israel, but then not really - the people of Israel are acutely aware of how corrupt Netanyahu is - because Netanyahu has been formally criminally indicted, awaiting trial on December 6, 2020 ;)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.